Friday, October 2, 2009

The Wine Tweets


The Wine Tweets

I'm positive the gibbous moon before the sun has set appears to be an almost mathematical cloud or maybe it's me

before I opened up the Cabernet I saw no moon within the river so I did not jump in after it

after the wine the world became much easier to understand; I pointed to two moons

my midnight conversation with the moon was certainly one sided; it is and I listened

when the moon advised me I should open up another bottle of a little something California, the Atlantic nudged upriver

before the dawn I traded places with the moon and understood the sun is always shining

if there had been another night, I could have been the moon for days; but now I am the sun--the moon is just another phase


~Kokoro Sonzai 2009 (trans. by Son Rivers)

No comments:

Post a Comment