Saturday, December 19, 2009

Towards Self-inquiry


Too many fingers point to neon signs pointing to the moon.
Yesterday...I was running a line through the woods. How many days have I spent thus, sighting my way in direct lines through dense woods(..)

through cat-briar..in New Jersey, through shrub oak in New England..looking at these barked stakes from far and near as if I loved them(...)

not knowing where I shall come out; my duty then and there perhaps merely to locate a straight line between two points. ~Thoreau 12/17/1856

In other words, all ye bodhisattvas, consider drawing a straight line to the moon!

It’s so simple that I cry to see such obfuscation (such a perfect word for such beclouding).

Rather than mythologize, just simplify. Rather than specialize, just clarify.

And definitely try to stay away from glorifying dream-states in some lovey-dovey manifesting kind of way.

The dark night of the soul is really not a picnic. You die. Period. End of story.

It’s a happy ending though, because you discover the real you. You’ve always felt it. And now you know it.

And I will repeat this until I find a better way of pointing to it with such clarity: stop and feel your being as it is, right here and now.

In the words of the great Upanishads, you are That.

The more you feel That, the less you’ll think this, until That is this and this is That. One!

Bob Dylan - Tombstone Blues ♫ http://blip.fm/~hytzi
"Now I wish I could write you a melody so plain / That could hold you dear lady from going insane" (...)

That could ease you and cool you and cease the pain / Of your useless and pointless knowledge ~Dylan (of course)

Self-inquiry is the only revolution.

To simplify, you are not who you think you are. You’ve been trained to think who you think you are. Stop & inquire as to what you really are

Anything other than self-inquiry is simply, inexorably, and disappointingly, conformity.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. It is what it is. But you know something is moving you. Follow it (you really have no choice).

_/|\_


No comments:

Post a Comment